Saturday, February 25, 2012

To the Iranian Embassy in Washington

In the matter of Youcef Nadarkhani, embassy personnel in Washington, DC were sent the following email.

Good morning.


I am concerned for the life of Youcef Nadarkhani.  I think it is sad that your country would kill a person because they are Christian.


I am willing to propose that, if you will spare Mr. Nadarkhani's life and arrange transportation to the United States for himself and his family, we will work hard to help him with shelter.


I don't think this is an unreasonable request.  It solves two problems.  First and most importantly, Christians place the value for life above all.  This would end the need to have Mr. Nadarkhani's life.  Second, he's out of your country and alive.  Thus he can not do anything to harm you, especially if you strip him of his Iranian Citizenship.


Do you think this can happen?


I look forward to a reply.


I'm not seeking money or stuff.  If you feel the same about this, write the Iranian officials or call them.  Maybe, if enough people offer to get him out of the country, then maybe his life will be spared.  If you'd like,  212.687.2020   is the number to the Iranian mission at the United Nations.

So far, no one from the Embassy has replied to the email.  On 13 March, I called and was told I must speak to someone at the United Nations. On 22 March, I called and left another message.

The Secretary of State has condemned his death sentence.  A number of petitions have been delivered to the Iranian government.

With the power of God Himself, this can happen.

No comments:

Short Daily Bible Devotions

Oklahoma Gas Prices

Find Oklahoma Gas Prices
City,State or Zip Code (eg. Oklahoma City, OK)