Friday, October 7, 2011

Culture Threat #5: The Attack Against the Bible



Dr. David Jeremiah sent this email today.  If you have not gotten his MOST recent book, you can follow my lead and get your own when it comes in the mail.  If his video series on TV is any indication, I am sure the book will be an interesting read.

Nevertheless, his words follow:


I never thought I'd see the day when the Bible would be pushed to the edge in public education and out of the decision-making processes of our official institutions. But what grieves me most is that the Bible's status has been downgraded and its message diluted in the last place we should expect it: in the Christian Church itself.

Under the threat of execution, Iranian Pastor Yusuf Nadarkhani has refused to recant his Christian faith. Imprisoned since October 2009, this pastor has risked his life to take a stand for the truth of God's Word. As his unwavering conviction is proclaimed across the globe, I wonder:

How did the Bible lose its centrality in our lives?

Many Christians have grown afraid to utter the words "The Bible says . . ." or "God says . . ." or "Jesus says . . ." On one hand we have people in repressive nations laying down their lives to expand the Bible's influence, and on the other we have modern churches being willing to allow the Bible's influence to recede toward the vanishing point, even in their own lives.

As a Christian I am never free to move God's Word to the edge of my life, regardless of what those around me or in authority over me may do. While the church should be influencing the culture, we are allowing the culture to seduce and diminish the church.

If enough Christians restore the Bible and the One it tells us of to the center of our lives, our society and its culture may yet be transformed.

Take a stand for the Bible with me - today!

What you can do:

Prepare:
  • Recognize the dangerous consequences of treating the Bible as irrelevant in your life and your church.
  • Agree with Peter and the other apostles: "We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29).
  • Read Chapter Six of I Never Thought I'd See the Day! and learn five ways Christians are contributing to the marginalization of the Word of God.
Pray:
  • Pray for strength and peace for believers who are being persecuted around the globe.
  • Daily commit to keeping God's Word central in your life.
  • Pray for believers to take a stand for the Bible in their communities.
Participate:
  • Be responsible as a steward of God to uphold His Word in every dimension of your life - in private, in public, at home, and at church.
  • Spend time with a skeptic and strengthen their confidence in the Bible.
  • Listen and watch I Never Thought I'd See the Day! on Turning Point Television and Radio.
I want to help you know what God's Word says about the cultural and spiritual changes impacting America and the Church today and also know how to live faithfully in the midst of them.

Be sure to join me this Sunday for Turning Point Television and watch my message, "I Never Thought I'd See the Day When Marriage Would Be Obsolete." You'll discover the extraordinary opportunity to help reverse the destructive trends and call America back to faith in God, back to the solid foundation of His Word.

God bless you,


David Jeremiah

TURNING POINT WITH DR. DAVID JEREMIAH
PO Box 3838, San Diego, CA 92163
1-877-998-0222
David Jeremiah's Website


Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah
Copyright 2011

No comments:

Short Daily Bible Devotions

Oklahoma Gas Prices

Find Oklahoma Gas Prices
City,State or Zip Code (eg. Oklahoma City, OK)